CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN
1. Watch closely for fear of symptoms of stress.
2. Try to keep the family together. Try to establish normal family routines. Include the children in safe cleanup activities.
3. Listen to what your children say. Encourage them to talk to friends and family.
4. Explain what happened. Children are fearful of the unknown and have vivid imaginations.
5. Reassure children that life will return to normal. Touch and hold them. Try to replace toys and pets.
6. Be understanding. Family disasters are difficult for them also.
7. Be careful of poisions used to disinfect, clean and repair. Post the phone number for Poison Control by your phone.