Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Driver's License Department

The Marion County Treasurer's Office is the office that renews regular driver's licenses and does out-of-state changes to Kansas driver's licenses, ID card renewals, duplicates, and address changes Tuesdays through Fridays. Driver's Education. Our office provides these services from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

When you apply for a driver's license, you will be asked if you want to be an organ donor and if you want to register to vote.

License and ID Card Fee Chart
(Price includes a $3.00 County Service Fee)
Renewals License Fee 4 Year License Fee 6 Year
Class C $19.00 $25.00
Class M 12.00 15.50
Class CM 28.00 37.50
Class A/B 23.00 31.00
Class A/BM 32.00 43.50
Identification Cards
Renewal Total: $21.00
Over 65 Total: $17.00
Handicapped Total: $17.00



A Social Security Number is required, however it will not be used as your driver license or ID card number. If a Social Security Number cannot be provided, documentation from list B proving lawful presence and a signed affidavit will be required. All documents presented must be the original or a certified copy; no photocopies will be accepted. In addition to a verifiable Social Security Number, two of the following documents must be presented. One document must be from list A, and the second document must be from list A, B, C or D. If a valid photo Driver’s License (DL) issued by another state is used, a second document from list A, B, C or D will be required. Applicants presenting foreign documents must provide proof of lawful presence from list B, and a second document from lists C or D, and proof of residency is required.

A) Documentation for American Citizens or persons born in the United States:

1. Certified U.S. birth certificate (federal, state, county, Dept. of Justice and Bureau of Indian Affairs)

2. U. S. Passport (not expired)

3. U. S. Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve or National Guard)

4. Bureau of Indian Affairs Tribal Identification Card

5. Certified Order of Adoption-original U.S. document

6. Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo

7. Photo DL issued by a U.S. state (if expired, requires additional documentation)

B) Documentation for any other person: (All forms in this category must be valid and will require proof of residency)

1. Valid foreign passport with I-94 or valid “Processed for I-551” stamp (not expired)

2. I-94 with refugee status (passport not required)

3. Valid I-551 Resident Alien/Permanent resident card

4. Valid photo Temporary Resident and valid photo Employment Authorization

5. Valid U.S. Military ID (dependent)

C) Documentation for Proof of name:

1. Certified marriage certificate, U.S., city, county, state, or foreign issued (translation may be required); no church documents allowed

2. Certified divorce decree, U.S. or foreign, with official signature (translation may be required)

3. Certified court order of name change, U.S. or foreign, with official signature (translation may be required)

4. Valid U.S. Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve and National Guard)

5. Bureau of Indian Affairs Tribal ID card

6. Certified court order of adoption

7. Photo DL or ID card issued by a U.S. state (if expired requires additional documentation)

D) Additional Documentation to apply for a replacement Kansas DL or ID card:

1. Valid motor vehicle registration with signature

2. Selective Service Card with signature

3. Valid life insurance card or policy

4. Valid health insurance card or policy

5. Vehicle title

6. Diploma or GED

7. Professional license

8. Kansas welfare card with photo and signature

9. Valid Foreign DL (certified translation may be required)

10. Parole documents

11. Medical records

12. Kansas voter registration card

13. Church marriage certificate (not accepted to change name)

14. Photo DL issued by a U.S. state (if expired, requires additional documentation)

15. Foreign birth certificate (certified translation may be required, cannot be used as primary identification document)

16. May recite recent driving history to satisfaction of Examiner

E) Documents for Proof of Kansas Residency must be in the name of the applicant (this list is not all inclusive, other documents may work to provide proof of residency).

1. Kansas school forms; such as tuition invoices, receipts, class schedules, report cards, or transcripts with the applicant’s Kansas residential address; or, school, college or university records containing the student’s name and Kansas address

2. Kansas utility bills that display a Kansas address

3. Kansas property tax bill or receipt indicating a Kansas address

4. Kansas mortgage documents or homeowner insurance documents for a Kansas residence or proof of Kansas home ownership with a Kansas address

5. Kansas W-2 Form not more than 18 months old with the applicant’s name and Kansas address

6. Valid Kansas Motor Vehicle registration

7. Proof of Kansas public assistance with a Kansas address

8. Residential rental and/or lease agreement with a Kansas address

DE-56a (rev. 02/07)